Sunday, January 20, 2013

Book 147

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, written by Bill Martin Jr, illustrated by Eric Carle, Henry Holt 1967.  Toddler to Preschool to Early Elementary.

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? was another Kohl's Cares book.  When I bought it for my son, I thought he'd like the illustrations, which he does.  That he also enjoys the text is a bonus.

As a children's librarian, I was not a fan of highly repetitive books.  It is hard enough to hold the attention of twenty to thirty toddlers or preschooler without running the risk of potentially boring them.  As the mother of a budding reader, I do love some repetitive books.  My four-year-old reads this book right along with me and that is wonderful.  Eric Carle's artwork makes all the difference.

Eric Carle's artwork, as I've said before, practically hums with life.  It is vibrant and engaging.  It is distinct and charming.  It is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment