Saturday, December 19, 2009

Revised Christmas Songs

This happened twenty or more years ago, but my brother and I still laugh when we hear "Sleigh Ride" -- OK, maybe I laugh harder than he does -- nobody thought I was tingling in the grocery store.

(Sleigh Ride)

My brother was singing
A ring-ting-tingling tune
At the top of his voice
So I had no choice
I left

I thought I’d outsmarted
And we had parted
But then

However, I quickly learned
When I stopped and turned
He was back

We were standing in the market
In the produce aisle
Everyone was staring at us
And they had a smile
I could feel the blood rush
To my face
And boy was my face red
I just wanted to leave that place
And so I turned and said

“Jeff, please stop tingling!
Remember you’re in a grocery store”
The crowd all scattered
And then they chattered
Some more

My brother stopped his singing
His ears were ringing
With laughs

He found his ring-ting-tingling
Quite embarrassing
With me

No comments:

Post a Comment