Monday, January 18, 2010

Fourth book

Fourth book: Who Hops? by Katie Davis, Harcourt Brace & Company, 1998

The first thing you notice about Katie Davis is her fantastic smile. It is gigantic and genuine. It is so broad that her eyes twinkle. Clearly, this is a woman who loves to laugh, and by extension, make others laugh. With her book, "Who Hops?", Katie Davis has achieved this goal.

I don't know if it's because of the brilliant (as in colorful and clever) illustrations, or because of the wonderful silliness of this book, but every time I read this book to my one-year-old son, he lets loose with a great, big belly laugh. Because his laugh is one of my favorite sounds, this book has become one of my favorite books.

2 comments:

  1. Your son sounds incredibly smart, if I do say so myself!

    8-)

    Thank you for making my day! Your son will be the perfect age for my next book, Little Chicken's Big Day (S&S/McElderry, Spring 2011).

    Best,
    Katie Davis
    www.katiedavis.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made my day! :) And I will definitely want a copy of your next book when it is released. (I'm sure you'll remind all your JF friends) :)

    ReplyDelete