Sunday, May 16, 2010

Book 33

Book 33: Curious George/Jorge el Curioso, by H. A. Rey, Houghton Mifflin Company

This is another example of my ambition in secondary language far outstripping my skills. I'm starting to realize that I all really learned in my first and second grade class was how to say "boys and girls, sit down", how to count to twenty and a few colors. Still I'm always up for a challenge.

I would recommend any version of Curious George, especially the original 1941 version. The story is sweet and the illustrations are delightful. I would not, however, recommend reading it all in one sitting to a toddler. I broke the story into two readings and that seemed to work out pretty well. Also, even though this is not a chapter book, it seemed like a good way to introduce the concept of them.

My book is in paperback, which is fine since I'll probably be reading the book to my son. It is a good idea to reinforce the spine of paperbacks with clear packing tape. It will help them last much longer.

*For other reviews, please see Book I Buy and Why

No comments:

Post a Comment