Thursday, October 27, 2011

Book 87

Guess How Much I Love You, by Sam McBratney, illustrated by Anita Jeram, Walker Book 1994

I remember one of my co-workers raving about how much her two little girls loved this book -- those "little girls" are now in their twenties. I wonder if they still love this book.

This was another book that I put in my son's Easter basket this years. Since then, whenever anyone says "I love you" to him, he's been adding "so much". It is irresistibly cute. The last line of this book is also irresistible. Seriously, if anyone told me he loved me "right up to the moon -- and back", I'd be tempted to run away with him.

"Little Nutbrown Hare" and "Big Nutbrown Hare" trip me up with every reading, and, besides my son thinks that "hare" is what is on his head, so he gets confused. He does, however, know what a rabbit is. He thinks the adorably quirky illustrations are rabbits, so that works.


*For other reviews, please see my blog Books I Buy and Why

1 comment:

  1. It's a wonderful book and I can just imagine the hugs and giggles it creates!

    ReplyDelete