Saturday, January 21, 2012

Vent...

Why I will not use, and would strongly recommend against, T-Mobile:

1. On September 15, 2011, my cell phone and wallet were stolen. As the cell phone was my only phone and I did not have access to another phone, I could not report the theft to T-Mobile until I ended up in the hospital a few weeks later.

2. On October 15, 2011, I contacted T-Mobile, via my sister’s cell phone. After several minutes and a few transfers, reported the theft with T-Mobile and canceled my T-Mobile account. I asked the representative to send me a final bill.

3. On November 1, 2011, I had not yet received a final bill, but I did receive a letter from ER Solutions, a collections company working on behalf of T-Mobile. I wrote to ER Solutions and explained my situation. Presumably, ER Solution bounced my account back to T-Mobile because...

4. On November 17, 2011, I received a statement from T-Mobile, charging me for October into November. Clearly, at that time, my account had not been canceled. I wrote to T-Mobile, explaining my situation and my concern that my account had not been canceled.

5. On December 10, 2011, I received a letter from Angela Long, a Customer Relations agent for T-Mobile. Not only did her letter not address my concern about my account still accruing charges, now up until December 4, 2011, when it was supposed to have been closed on October 15, 2011, the charges on my account had now jumped almost another $100.

6. At the end of December, 2011, I received a letter from Melissa Vaughn, Customer Relations. It stated that “per contractual agreement” I am responsible for the any charges incurred between the date of the theft (September 15, 2011) and the reporting date (October 15, 2011). Fair enough, but surely the “contractual agreement” charges would not extend past the reporting date and date the account was closed (October 15, 2011). I have been billed for the remainder of October, all of November and up until December 4, 2011.

7. On January 20, 2012, I received yet another bill from T-Mobile, still reflecting charges through December 4, 2011, but no answers to my concerns or requests.

I have repeatedly requested, now six times, five in writing, a final bill for my T-Mobile account showing charges only through October, 15, 2011. Not only have I not received one, charges continued to accrue on my account long after the closing date.

T-Mobile may provide great service, but the customer service is unhelpful, ineffective and at times quite snide. If you choose T-Mobile, pray you never have any problems with your phone or your service.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the warning! It makes me happy I do the 'expensive' go-phone route. If I lose my phone, I have only lost the $$ I have left on my card! I have an old hand-me-down Iphone from my son+his fiance. I was surprised to find out on YOUTUBE that all you have to do is take it to an, in this case, AT&T cell phone place.

    So you walk in with the phone, tell them you want a new chip, and that you want to put x amount of minutes on it and you are good to go! I put $100 a year on it.

    The minutes can be expensive in comparison, ten-cents vs unlimited, but I don't use it that much and actually will probably lose money again this year! I have had it for 4 or 5 months and I still have $90+ on it! But it works for me.

    Sorry about your loss. I do hope you get this resolved soon! and in your favor!

    ReplyDelete