Monday, August 27, 2012

Book 113: Mudworks

Mudworks.  Creative Clay, Dough, and Modeling Experiences, by MaryAnn Kohl, illustrated by Kathleen Kerr, Bright Ring Publishing 1989.

I bought this book on the recommendation of two of my Facebook friends; one has a house-full of active children, the other was Denise Fleming.  Between the two of them I had creative activities for children.  Perfect.

So far I've only made up one recipe of dough from this book:  Basic Art Dough.  It was labeled as being the best and easiest unbaked dough for children over the age of one.  Again, perfect.  I halved the recipe a week ago, wrapped it in wax paper and stored it in a wonton soup container when not in use.  My son has been playing with it every day, at least once a day, and it still models easily and relatively cleanly.  Perfect, perfect. 

I'm sure I will experiment with the other recipes in this book over then next ten years or so, but having one perfect recipe for creative fun is more than worth the price of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment