Monday, June 24, 2013

Book 189

Winnie-the-Pooh's Picnic Cookbook, inspired by A. A. Milne, decorations by Ernest H. Shepard, Dutton Children's Books, 1997.

Years before I ever thought about having children, I picked up this book.  I picked up this book because it looked adorable.  I picked up this book because the recipes sounded delicious like the Honey-Spiced Tea Punch and the Blueberry Heart Scones with Smoked Turkey.  I picked up this book because the recipes seemed like they would be pretty straightforward.  I was right on two counts -- some of the recipes were a bit tricky, but all-in-all, I had some pretty good success.

In all the years that I've had this book and used this book, I had never used it for a picnic.  Until now.  When I have a four-and-a-half year old boy who thinks it is fun to have a picnic in our backyard, at the tall table, under the trees.  With his Winnie-the Pooh.  And Piglet.  Or sometimes Tigger.  But not usually both.


No comments:

Post a Comment