Friday, March 28, 2014

Book 302

Splat the Cat Sings Flat, character created by Rob Scotton, text by Chris Stathearn, illustrated by Robert Eberz, HarperCollins, 2011.  Preschool and Early Elementary.

We own quite a few Splat the Cat books at our house because, quite frankly, he's adorable. 

The story for this book is simple, although some of the words are a bit complex, like the name "Seymour".  That really isn't a problem in our house.  My son reads the words that he can, and I help him with the rest.  In fact, I like books that challenge young readers and listeners and expand their vocabularies.

The real reason we buy Splat the Cat books, though, is for the artwork.  Splat is impossibly adorable and I often find myself wanting to ruffle that fuzzy fur.


No comments:

Post a Comment