Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Book 362

Morning Thoughts, by Louise Nottingham, 2014.

I have odd chunks of time throughout the day -- five minutes when I am waiting for the bus to circle the neighborhood after picking up my son; fifteen minutes when I am waiting for the bus to drop off my son; five minutes here and there when I'm baking or waiting for a load of laundry to finish.  There is not really enough time to get immersed in a book with a story.  But these poems are a perfect length for that time.

I grab my coffee if it's still morning, or water if it's afternoon, and I sit down with this book.  It's like sitting down with an old friend.  It's like those short snippets of conversation you have when you only have a few minutes, but it feels like enough because you are talking with a friend. 

That is exactly what these poems are like.



No comments:

Post a Comment