Monday, November 3, 2014

Book 369


The Pepper in the Gumbo, by Mary Jane Hathaway, 2014.

Full disclosure:  I did not buy this book.  It was sent to me electronically in exchange for a fair and honest review.  Further disclosure:  I hate reading books electronically.  More further disclosure:  I would buy this book in a heartbeat -- at least two copies, one for me and one for my mother.


As a rule, I don't like romantic fiction, so for me to not only like a romantic fiction book, but to love a romantic fiction book, that book has to be pretty amazing.   This book was pretty amazing.

I don't like romantic fiction, but I do like the movie "You've Got Mail" -- it's a Tom Hanks thing mostly.  This book is a smarter, sharper, sweeter twist on the classic tale that was used for the movie.  I also like really good writing and well-developed characters -- all that is present, and more, in this book.




No comments:

Post a Comment