Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Book 373


The Golden Goose, A Living Story Book, Crown Publishers, Inc. 1967

You can't go back to your childhood, but sometimes you can revisit it.  And if you are lucky enough to find a book from your childhood that you read over and over again but has since fallen out of print, you have a passport for revisiting.

This book was such a book.  I was probably about three years old and I was grocery shopping with my mother.  There was a display of books in the grocery story, and this book was one of them.  I was allowed to pick out a book, and I picked this one.  My original copy was lost after many years and many moves, but recently I was able to obtain a copy of this very book.  I read the book to my almost-six-year-old son, and he loved it almost as much as I did.

Incidentally, I grew up to become a children's librarian.  I used to write screenplays using puppets to tell classical fairy tales and other children's stories, so this book may have affected me more than my mother could ever have guessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment