Monday, May 18, 2015

Book 436

A Tale of Dragons (How to Train Your Dragon 2), adapted by Natalie Shaw, illustrated by Fabio Laguna and Katrina Hao, Simon Spotlight, 2014.

Last week, there was a Book Fair at my Kindergarten kid's school.  I had worked it earlier in the week, so I knew what kind of non-book temptations were there, so I gave my son $7, and thought he'd probably spend it on the non-book temptations.  Instead, he came home with this book (and money left over). I was so proud.

This book is a fairly faithful and competent retelling of the second How to Train Your Dragon movie.  Thankfully, the part of the movie that made me cry was left out of the book. 

The illustrations are great, which makes this book quite enticing to elementary school readers.




No comments:

Post a Comment