Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nursery Rhymes revisited...

The last poem on Thomas' blocks was "I had a little nut tree". I wasn't familiar with it, so you might not be either. It's actually a song. I'm still working out the tune.

Original:

I had a little nut tree,
Nothing would it bear
But a silver nutmeg,
And a golden pear;
The King of Spain's daughter
Came to visit me,
And all for the sake
Of my little nut tree.
I skipped over water
I danced over the sea
And ll the birds in the air
They couldn't catch me

Mine:

Revised Nursery Rhyme
(I had a little nut tree)

I have a naughty puppy
Nothing will she do
But tear up the garden
And chew up my shoe
We put her through training
And she passed her class
But we don’t know
How she got the pass
She still tears up the garden
And chews up my shoe
All the training in the world
No good would it do

No comments:

Post a Comment