Sunday, February 7, 2010

Valentine/Love

I love my husband. He needs sleep
So I try to keep the house quiet
But two cats, a dog and baby
Manage to cause quite a riot

The baby starts early, in his crib
I think he is singing of heaven
His singing is lovely, but he must quiet down
It’s Sunday and not even seven

The dog in her crate lets out a whine
So sharp that glasses could shatter
Released from her crate, she’s even louder
She hits the glass door with a clatter

The baby is up and playing around
When he finds a small serving tray
He leaves the tray on the hard tile floor
And innocently he crawls away

The cats chase each other around the bedroom
And one tears out through the door
Before she can stop, she on the tray lands
And she slides across the hall floor

I tried to be quiet, really I did
But everything was louder this morning
I peek in the bedroom to check on my man
I don’t know why I was worried – he’s snoring

No comments:

Post a Comment