Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Book 61

Book 61: Just Like My Mom, by David Melling, 2004 Hodder Children's Books

I recently reviewed "Just Like My Dad", also by David Melling (Book 41), and then promised to review the companion book, "Just Like My Mom".

"Just Like My Mom" is not quite as funny as "Just Like My Dad", but it is sweeter. There is probably an object lesson there. Certainly in my family, although my husband can be nurturing and I can be fun, usually the roles are reversed, or corrected, depending upon your opinion.

So I do like "Just Like My Mom". It make me say "awww" and smile instead of laughing out loud. And if you buy one of David Melling's mom/dad books, you should definitely buy the other. They tie together very well.

*For other reviews, please see Books I Buy and Why

No comments:

Post a Comment