Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Poetry continued

One of the styles I didn't have a chance to explore in April was the Monorhyme -- all lines end in the same sound -- so I tried that one for today. I must say, it made me feel very Suessian. :)

Monorhyme

As I was sleeping the other day
(It was a Tuesday
And not quite the first of May),
Dr. Zambos, J.
Cut my gallbladder away.
(It was filled with many stones of light grey.)
When I woke up, I saw Rene,
Who was the nurse for my post-op stay,
And who has twins – Joe and Jennae,
And they
Come and play
At Storytime on Thursday.
Nurse Rene
Tended me as in bed I lay
And shot me with drugs to allay
My pain and take it away,
Although, with some delay.
She was my best friend for the day.
At least, that is what I did say
Before I drifted far away…

No comments:

Post a Comment