Friday, May 8, 2009

Poetry continued

I couldn't remember if Quaterns had to rhyme. I wrote this poem, which might be a Quatern, but is definitely a Quatrain. Anyway, my pick for this week's style would be a Quatrain (coz if I'm just not feeling it, I only have to write four lines).


Quatern

Where does one end and the other begin?
A little black and white cat nestles
In a black and white cat pillow
Black and white, tail to head, head to tail

Little cat hides in a cat-shaped pillow
Where does one end and the other begin?
He raises up his head and stretches
And the pillow moves in sympathy

Black and white cat chews the velvety tail
Of a black and white cat pillow
Where does one end and the other begin?
Pillow and cat both have dampened coats

The little black and white cat rises,
And with tottering legs he deserts
The cat-shaped pillow, so it is clear
Where does one end and the other begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment