Saturday, April 2, 2011

Eloquent Tail -- 1

For this month's poetry challenge, decided I wanted to write a "story" in the reverso style that I can illustrate later this year if I'm feeling ambitious. I will NOT be writing a reverso every day -- maybe every other day -- I want a challenge, not a migraine!

For my subject, I chose my fat, lavender-eared, little wild cat. Her markings make her resemble a Mau, but her farm-cat build makes her look much more like an African wildcat. Anyway, she has a most expressive tail, so the title for the ongoing work will be The Eloquent Tail. Here is today's entry and the first verse of my reverso:



The little wild cat
arranges
and
twists
the eloquent tail
to speak
volumes

Volumes
to speak:
The eloquent tail
twists,
and
arranges
the little wild cat.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!
    I posted mine this morning - Come read it!
    I call it: Morning Song
    http://poeticlouise.blogspot.com/2011/04/morning-song.html

    ReplyDelete