Saturday, March 1, 2014

Book 295

Little Golden Picture Dictionary, by Diane Muldrow, illustrated by Bob Staake, Little Golden Books, 2002.

I love this book for two reasons: 

1.     Because of the text, my five-year-old son can read this book by himself. 
2.     And, because of the illustrations, my five-year-old son will read this book by himself. 

The text is simple and straightforward, not elaborate or twee.  The subject of each sentence is easy to find.  Because the text is elemental and basic, I can use the text teach my son how to form simple sentences. 

The illustrations, also, are simple and straightforward.  They reinforce the sentences' subjects.  And because the illustrations are elemental and basic, I can use the illustrations to show my son how to use simple shapes to draw more complex objects. 



No comments:

Post a Comment