Saturday, April 19, 2014

Book 309

The Big Storm, by Nancy Tafuri, Simon & Schuster, 2009.

My five-year-old son has checked this book out from our local library at least three times, and would have checked it out more often if I would let him.  Instead, I bought him his own copy for Easter.

If I were still a children's librarian, I would create a flannel board from this book, and use it at least once a year.

My son had fun counting up to ten.  He laughed at the 2 that followed the 10, and got into the spirit of the countdown. 

The illustrations, as Tafuri's illustrations always are, were perfect.  Her animals are accurate enough to be easily recognized and distinguished, and sweet enough that you want to run your hands over the exquisitely-rendered fur. 


No comments:

Post a Comment