Saturday, November 17, 2018

Kindergarten Note and Response #43



Notes Home From Kindergarten
Note 43

Dear Ms. K --

Talk to T about picking and licking his nose.  He must have dryness issues, because he had a nosebleed.  The nurse couldn’t do anything for him.  It was scary for the other children to see blood coming out of his nose. 

-- Ms. X



Note 43 – Response

Dear Ms. X –

I did talk to T about his nose.  He said someone hit him in the face during recess while he was in the sandbox and his nose started “leaking”.  His nose and his top lip are a little swollen and discolored, which would bear out his story.

I am sorry that my child’s bleeding was “scary” for the other children to see, although I am certain that not one of the other children was as scared as T was when his nose started bleeding for the first time.  Even if T had picked his nose and caused it to bleed, he should have received sympathy and comfort, and not censure and criticism.

I am also sorry that your school nurse “couldn’t do anything for him”.  I’m not a registered nurse or anything, but I held a cold compress to T’s nose and brought down the swelling.  If my child is injured in the future, call me as I am obviously better able to handle injuries than the school nurse is.

-- Ms. K

No comments:

Post a Comment