Thursday, April 22, 2010

Book 27

Book 27: I Love You, Little One, by Nancy Trafuri, Scholastic Press 1999 (board book)

With a title like this, you could hardly go wrong. And you won't with Nancy Trafuri's charming book.

I started reading this book to my toddler in September when he was about ten months old and inflicted with chickenpox (poor baby). This book reads like a gentle lullaby, with refrains and repeating lines within the verses. That mild undulation would calm him down before his naps. He also was quite taken with the sweet illustrations, especially the deer's and rabbit's eyes.

Because my son still is so taken with the drawings, he likes to pull this book off the shelf and "read" it himself. I'm quite glad I bought the book in board book form to stand up to his love.

*For other reviews, please see Books I Buy and Why

No comments:

Post a Comment