Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Book 264

Season of Hope, Virginia Carmichael, Love Inspired 2013.

Whenever I write about romantic fiction, I feel compelled to point out that I don't usually like or read romantic fiction.  I also feel like I need to review it (and rate it) from the point of view of the genre, and not as compared to something else.

I really like how Season of Hope revived some of the characters from the first book, Season of Joy, and told more of their stories as well as telling the stories of the new cast of characters.  Picking up threads of other stories is not easy -- I had intended to do that with my first book, but have yet to follow through.

I did like the new characters and their stories, but somehow they did not feel quite as fleshed out or sympathetic as the returning cast.   Even so, this book made a delightful Christmas read (even if it was romantic fiction).



No comments:

Post a Comment