Monday, December 23, 2013

Book 267

Duck and Goose, It's Time for Christmas!, by Tad Hills, Schwarz & Wade Book, 2010.  Baby, Toddler, Preschooler.

I have been in love with Duck and Goose ever since they stormed in to the picture book scene some years ago.  At the time, I was a children's librarian and doing story times for toddlers and preschoolers, so that probably explains my infatuation.

Three years ago, 2010, my family moved to SC from FL, and we had our first (and only) white day-after-Christmas.  My son, who was two at the time, also got this book for Christmas that year.  We didn't have enough snow to make a snowball, much less a snow angel or a snow fort, but still, we had snow, just like the book.

Three years later, my son is five, and there is no snow in our forecast for the next ten days, but my son still likes to read about the Christmas adventures of Duck and Goose.  And Duck and Goose are just as adorable as the first time I saw them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment