Monday, June 14, 2010

Book 47

Book 47: Little Quack's Bedtime, by Lauren Thompson, illustrated by Derek Anderson, Little Simon 2009 (board book edition)

My toddler son can't yet say duck, but he can quack, so he calls a duck a "quack, quack". When I read him this story, he quacks at every page. It is incredibly adorable. And so are the illustrations in this book.

I keep a stack of books on a bookshelf within my son's reach. Of course, they are all the virtually indestructible board book (even some of the board books are showing signs of wear, so only virtually indestructible). I let him "read" his books during the day and pick out the books he wants to hear at night. Little Quack's Bedtime is chosen about every other night.

I don't know if he chooses it because he likes the story, or because he likes the illustrations, or because he likes saying "quack, quack". It doesn't matter. I love to see him point at the ducks in the picture and quack for them.


*For other reviews, please see Books I Buy and Why

No comments:

Post a Comment