Friday, June 18, 2010

Book 50

Book 50: On Top of Spaghetti, illustrated by Gene Barretta, Piggy Toes Press 2008, board book

As I mentioned in an earlier review, I keep a stack of board books within my son's reach so that he can "read" them any time. Whenever we travel anywhere, I let my son choose one item to take with us. Lately, that item has been a book (yay!). Often, that book has been this book. In fact, you can see the cover of this book under his leg in the photo for this site. He loves it that much.

As I mentioned in an even earlier review, I like song-stories -- SO much easier to remember the words, especially when my audience of one has decided that he wants to hold the book. And On Top of Spaghetti is a classic. Even my husband knows the words, although it doesn't quite sound like the same song when he sings it.

The illustrations are wonderfully silly, just like the song. The tree restaurant looks like a fun place to dine, and the characters in the background of the main restaurant are amusing to look at.

I am glad I bought this book in the board book edition. So far it has survived my son's eating-everything stage. Now it just has to survive the loving-it-to-death stage.

*For other reviews, please see Books I Buy and Why

No comments:

Post a Comment