Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Book 75

Pat the Bunny, by Dorothy Kunhardt, Golden Book 1940

This year for Easter, my little boy got a basket of books. He also received some small stuffed animals and a little chocolate, but mostly he got books. He loved it. And he loved this book to pieces, literally. In fact, after I write this review I will have to try to mend the book.

I bought this book for his Easter basket because it was on the South Carolina Libraries list of 100 Picture Books for Toddlers. I did not own this book as a child and my mom won't admit to owning a copy. Before I purchased the book, I read some scathing reviews, so I was hesitant, but I figured with a matching rabbit I couldn't go too far wrong.

I should say, as if you don't already know, my son at two-and-a-half is a toddler and probably the exact market for whom this book is written. And he loves it! He would not put it down, except reluctantly for bath-time, for a week. I can't tell you exactly what he loves so much about it because he seems to enjoy every page. This book appeals to all his sense (alas, even taste) in every sense.

If I am lacking in supplies and skill to mend this particular copy, I will be looking for another, hardier version, because he really wants this book back.


*For other reviews, please see my other blog Book I Buy and Why

1 comment:

  1. I can just picture him with the book in one hand, squated and patting the cat!

    ReplyDelete