Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday's poem

Here is a poem I wrote Wednesday morning, before I fell. Although I am very pleased our backyard no longer has a dumpster, port-a-potty, torn up sod or wax myrtles, I am a less excited about going out and using it right now. :(


The story of our back yard:

It started all pristine and green
Except for some ugly weed-trees.
Up went the garage, up tore the yard,
And walking around was really hard.
With roots uncovered
The trees still hovered.
Not only did our yard look stranger,
But it presented a clear danger.
And so we decided to pay
Someone to take the trees away
And lay some grass of brilliant green.
Maybe then it will pristine.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see some pictures!!! We are also trying to decide what to do with our backyard, but mostly for the cat and hot tub. I WILL watch my step though! Hugs - FEEL BETTER!

    and LOVE THE POEM! So pretty with a relaxing quality!

    ReplyDelete