Monday, October 28, 2013

Book 245

 Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book, by Diane Muldrow, Golden Books 2013.  All Ages.


Lately, I've been building up my almost-five-year-old son's library of Little Golden Books.  I had quite a collection when I was a child, but somewhere in the many moves of my childhood, my books were lost.  Diane Muldrow's book could not have come out at a better time for me.  I was thrilled to see that we already have the five LGBs featured in her foreword.  I knew then that we were on the right track.

In  Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book, Diane Muldrow took illustrations from classic LGBs and linked them together with some basic and good advice for life.  Some of the advice is obvious, but that makes it no less sound:  For example "Don't forget to enjoy your wedding".  I can't count the number of recent weddings that I've attended where the bride looked like she forgot to have fun.  And "Let your children know you love them".  Actually, I think that is the best advice in the book.

The artwork is phenomenal -- the best of the best in vintage Little Golden Book illustrations.  I am happy to say that we own at least half of the books featured, and now I know which ones I need to replace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment