Thursday, October 24, 2013

Stream of consciousness poem -- part 53


Chapter 53

October 31, 2011 – Hallowe’en Night!

Hallowe’en!
I love Hallowe’en night
Or I did
And if it’s not
Unseemly
I
Still do

My son
Once again
Is Max
King of All
Wild Things

My brother
Has volunteered
To stay home
Answer the door
And hand out candy
I keep asking,
"You’re sure?”

My brother
Also wants
A costume
He is six foot, three
With wild hair
A wild beard
And still
Wild eyes

“Do you have
A long black coat?”
I ask

I know 
The answer
I moved his clothes
From his house
To mine

He retrieves
The long, black, military coat
From his borrowed
Closet

He puts on
The coat
And underneath
He slips a
Pillow

I muss
His already-wild hair
“You’re Hagrid”
I tell him
And
For one night
He is

Hallowe’en!
I love Hallowe’en night
Or I did
And I
Still do




No comments:

Post a Comment