Sunday, August 25, 2013

Book 210

The Shy Little Kitten, written by Cathleen Schurr, illustrated by Gustaf Tenggren, Little Golden Book, 1946.  Preschool to Early Elementary.

A few months ago, I bought a stack of Little Golden Books from a thrift store.  About a third of them I gave away to the local library.  I did, however, keep the classics.

For the past few nights, my four-year-old son has been taking a few of these books to bed.  I'm not really sure if it is because of the stories or the shiny gold spines.  The Shy Little Kitten he seems especially fond of. 

We have three cats in our house.  Not one of them was shy little kitten.  They all, however, were just as cute as the shy little kitten.  I think the story might have been written around the adorable illustrations, but it still works.  What is really great is not only is this book old enough for me to have read, it is also old enough for my parents to have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment