Thursday, September 12, 2013

Book 219


Duck & Goose, It's Time for Christmas! by Tad Hills, Schwartz & Wade Books, 2010.

It is September and about 90 degrees outside, but, according to my almost-five-year-old son, it is time for Christmas.  That's why he had to use a snowman mug this morning.  And that's why this book keeps jumping off his shelf every time I put it away.

When the original Duck & Goose book came out, I was working as a children's librarian.  There were three of us in our department and we all did story times.  I think we ended arm-wrestling to decide who would get to use the book first.  I didn't win. 

Duck and Goose are irretrievably adorable.  It's Time for Christmas is a bit silly, but that's not the point.   The point is that kids, from babies to early elementary students, love Duck and Goose and everything they do.  And this book is full of winter fun.  My son has had this book for three years and he still loves it.  Maybe because it is a bit silly.  Or maybe because he is.






No comments:

Post a Comment